Saturday, March 2, 2019

“Why Do You Hate Dogs?” – What to say to our friends?


“Why Do You Hate Dogs…!?” 


      Have your friends
ever asked you that?


Today I’m just going to ask for your opinion:

What do you say to your closest friends and family members when they ask:

“Do you hate dogs…? Why...!?”
 

“Why don't you love dogs?”
 

“Everybody love dogs! Why don't you?”
 

“How can you hate dogs!?”
 

“What caused you to hate dogs!?”
 

“Nobody dislikes dogs! How can you!?
 

“Where does that hatred come from?”
 

… and they make that unmistakable what-the-heck face that we all know.

Obviously, I’m looking for answers that could explain our position – quickly and effectively – without being disrespectful to them since we do not want, as far as we can, to lose their friendship. They are nice and educated people but unfortunately brainwashed by all the dog lobby propaganda.

I’m asking this because this weekend I was in a friend’s home for a barbecue and then this question was posed to a member of the group, not me. As usual, the guy told the obvious and some of the reaction was just the denial by most others.

I kept thinking: I could go all ballistic – information-wise – and say anything and everything about the reasons and facts I do not like dogs but my position, since the question was not directed at me, was just to agree with the poor little guy, without going any further, since otherwise I wouldn’t stop and it wouldn’t end well. Needless to say that no-one there knows the biggest dog-hater I am.

So, what do you say?

Please leave your comments at the end.


---------------------------------------------------------

Below you may find what other people said about it:

28 Responses to “Why Do You Hate Dogs?” – What to say to our friends?

  1. Cam says:
    I say that dogs need discipline and good owners don’t always do this. So dogs become loud and misbehave. It is often an owner problem.
  2.  marC says:
    I don’t hate dogs, I hate sociopaths in charge of domesticated, dependent, pack animals. The outcome is dog feces everywhere, barking everywhere, dogs fighting dogs, and sociopaths giving their love to domesticated and dependent animals because it is easier than loving their neighbors. Dog people delude themselves that Dog is Love when in reality, dog people love dogs because they never get rejected. A dog is a domesticated, dependent, pack animal who prefers its nature….a pack with an alpha. To a sociopath, a dog is evidence that they are loved when in reality it is an utterly dependent animal relationship bound to the human out of pure need. Dysfunctional humans shower their love on dogs because they do not get rejected and because the relationship is so mutually needy. I will care for animals, but I will not invade my fellow humans with my demand to bring Fido everywhere and demand that my fellow humans accept and tolerate the filth and noise associated with my delusion. I despise sociopaths with dogs because it makes the behavior of both even more uncivil.

    •  Cam says:
      Impressive!

    •  PeaceSeeker says:
      Great words but, speaking for myself, I wouldn’t say that to my friends, at least not in a first moment when they haven’t yet called us racist or that we have to have a dog to understand how it’s wonderful to have a dog.
      Calling our friends sociopaths, dysfunctional, dependent, needy, uncivil, and delusioned, I think, would not help us much. Perhaps it’s necessary, I’m just not sure.
      Please, don’t take me wrong, I agree with everything you said, 100%, but saying that would only alienate us even more as the crazy people, in their utterly manipulated minds.
      Back to the subject, I don’t know what to say either. At least not in a quick and effective way, as asked.

    •  MrMAD says:
      Thanks, MarC.
      You have a great reponse and I think I understand your frustration when dealing with dog lovers, they really shake our nerves to the bone.
      Like I said to EF above, your response would be perfect for a second phase or if they have already been overly disrespectful of you, like poking fun of the situation or trying to make you feel bad for yourself or to look like as a retarded weirdo for others. In this case there is really no need to wait to tell them they are the “sociopaths, dysfunctional, dependent, needy, uncivil, and delusioned” ones.
      Like PeaceSeeker, I agree 100% with you.

  3.  E.F says:
    When I’m trying to get someone to ‘think of it like I would’ , when someone asks me the question, I ask them to tell me why they like dogs, and then proceed by asking them what they hate the most in the world and why. I simply say this “well what if nearly everyone in the world had an affinity for the very thing you hated, you knew that you had fair and understanding reasons for hating said ‘thing’ and if anyone knew you hated it, they would publicly shame you and call you weird, or compare you to a monster even if you were an extremely calm and kind person”… I would then summarize by saying that this is how people like me are treated every single day, and for this very reason we don’t force our hatred onto other people, like how a dog nutter forces their love of dogs onto other people, all we do is stand firm with a fair opinion, and yet we are still treated like we’re the bad ones.

    •  MrMAD says:
      Very clever, EF.
      This is a nice and classy way to explain it: tell them how we feel, how we are treated, all the while not getting into any specifics like dog barking, diseases, attacks…
      I’m sure many of us will come with other variations of your approach to suit their own personalities and the type of dog nutter.
      I’ll practice on it, really enjoyed it.
      If doggists don’t understand, well, then we could only move to second phase, like described by MarC below. (They still may not understand or respect but at least they are put on their place, The Stupid’s Place)
  4.  BK says:
    I have a dog of my own, but I also have no issue whatsoever with people who say they don’t like dogs. Dog obsessed people don’t seem to be able to understand this. They seem to think that not liking dogs is indicative of some sort of character flaw or personality defect. I’ve heard them say that they couldn’t be friends with someone who didn’t like dogs, or my all time favorite: “People who don’t like dogs can’t be trusted.”
    *blank stare*
    That.makes.no.sense.at.all. I know several extremely trustworthy people who don’t care too much for dogs, and I know some dog lovers who I wouldn’t trust if my life depended on it. Sorry, but I am NOT alienating good friends and close family members simply because they don’t like dogs.
    •  MrMAD says:
      “Sorry, but I am NOT alienating good friends and close family members simply because they don’t like dogs.”
      There are not too many people like you, BK.
      •  BK says:
        Dude, it really blows my mind when I hear people say that friends and family members who aren’t dog people can just choose not to visit them. I wish I would tell my parents (who aren’t dog people) that they just have to deal with the dog while they’re here, making their visit uncomfortable. It would not go well for me at all.
    •  S says:
      I have two cousins, whom I loved dearly, who pushed me away because I don’t care for dogs.
      They were the ones (on separate occasions) who brought up the issue. I didn’t. I didn’t reject them for liking dogs, even though a dog badly hurt me in a lasting way. They were the ones who required a family member to share their opinion in order to have peace and love in the family.
      But I’m okay with having nothing to do with them if that’s how they’re going to be. Good riddance.

      •  BK says:
        Wow. That is absolutely unbelievable. How can you push away a family member simply because they aren’t a dog person?
        •  Cam says:
          I’ve had that happen to me. A relative’s dog tried to bite me at a family gathering. Haven’t invited up since then. Dog is more important than a relative.

          •  BK says:
            Let me guess: They somehow found a way to blame you for getting bit by the dog.
          •  Cam says:
            BK: The comment was that I don’t like dogs. Somehow the dog figured that out. Nonsense. I didn’t provoke the dog in anyway. I totally ignored it. They thought it was alright for it to bark constantly and disrupt a family gathering. I found it embarrassing and thought my family had more sense. The dog finally tried to bite me.
          •  S says:
            I could almost believe that a dog would bite someone for not liking it.
            Dogs are spoiled rotten little princes and princesses. Their owners’ world revolves around them.
            They learn to expect every human to adore and swoon over them. It’s what they’re used to.
            So when along comes a human who doesn’t, that person must be evil!
            I’m speaking from experience, in part. I was out walking along the sidewalk one day, and a tiny dog (thankfully leashed) stood next to its owner. The dog saw me approaching and stood reading for me to pet it, tail wagging in eager anticipation. I walked past without paying my proper respects to the little mutt. It then snarled, growled, barked, and lunged. It would have bitten me if it could have, but again it was thankfully leashed.
            Although it was a small dog, the experience was frightening; I had been bitten before. (That too was a small dog but it resulted in a puncture wound which led to infection, and… my health never fully recovered). I felt very much that I had been threatened, and I recoiled with pounding heart and trembling hands, glaring at the idiotic owner who thought a casual “sorry” was sufficient as she scooped the Little Prince up into her loving arms to protect him from the world of mean strangers who didn’t understand that he was to be worshiped.
               
  5.  Animal Uncontrol says:
    I have said this a few times about myself, but it is worth saying again.
    I don’t hate dogs. Hatred is a very powerful emotion, and I believe should be reserved for those actors that deliberately do evil and can comprehend the harm they do. In other words, you have to understand the outcome of your bad deeds to truly be evil.
    With that said, a dog can’t be evil. Dogs are too stupid and worthless to be evil. Therefore, a dog is not worth hating because it falls below the hate-able threshold. I don’t waste emotional capital hating something that is VASTLY inferior to you and I. Moreover, dogs are too stupid to understand that they are hated, so what is the point? They don’t care that you hate them, so that does not matter.
    Here is what I DO hate: I hate dog culture. I hate those that worship and elevate dogs above people (and other animals), and run interference for every bad thing dogs do. These punks should know better, yet they pursue their dog worship and other degenerate behaviors.
    Consider that this is a HUMAN problem. This issue lies in human society and culture. The BSL folks like to blame everything pit bulls do on the dogs (due to their genetics). So, answer me this: How many pit bulls would there be if no one wanted a pit bull? That would be zero. Pit bulls exist because there are people out there that want a dog that can easily project aggression. A pit bull is a consumer product no different from a microwave oven or lawn mower. Pit bulls became what they are, not due to creation (God) or natural selection, but do to deliberate line breeding by those folks looking for a canine gladiator. This problem exists and persists due in no small part to the societal demand that we consider dogs sacred animals and dog owners a master race of people.

    •  MrMAD says:
      The term “hate” is certainly a strong one, but that is the word dog lovers use almost every time they find someone who do not like dogs. We could also say that we despise, detest… but they would say we are haters no matter what.
      Well, for me, a dog hater is the one who crosses the street, running feverishly, just to kick a silent, leashed and muzzled dog that is being walked civilly and appropriately by its handler. I’m not that one.
      That this is a Human problem, absolutely. However, I see it as a dog problem, too. If abandoned and stray dogs just moved to the wild and lived there like normal and regular wild animals, not causing all types of problems in the human society, then and only them it would be Just a human problem. But no, they continue to hang around people (like you said, because they are stupid, in this case dumb enough even to get food in the wild like nature taught them to do).
      “This problem exists and persists due in no small part to the societal demand that we they consider dogs sacred animals and dog owners a master race of people.”
      Right again. One aim of this site is to try to enlighten dog lovers that they have been duped by the dog lobby propaganda, but this is almost an insurmountable task. I do what I can, and you all help a lot with your thoughts expressed here, something that I really appreciate, as we all benefit.
      One of my next articles is one on “How much is the dog industry worth?” It’s not just the US$70 Billion the pet association says so. It’s much, much more than that and the reason why there is a fabricated demand to buy dogs and everything (un)imaginable about them.
      Well, but back to the question of this post, one of the facebook commenters, republished just below, suggested a good one, emphasizing the human, not the canine, as I understand would be your approach.

    •  S says:
      I agree with a lot of what you say. Like you, I don’t actually hate dogs. I certainly don’t go around deliberately harming dogs for fun, and would only intentionally hurt one as an act of self-defense (or defense of another innocent victim). But I don’t like them. A lot of people don’t understand the distinction between “I don’t like ___” and “I hate ___.” But there’s a huge difference. If you don’t like dogs, they interpret that as hatred and they will condemn you as a hateful person and will sanctimoniously tell you how you are poisoning yourself with hatred and blah blah blah.
      I share your hatred for dog culture. I wouldn’t mind dogs so much if they weren’t so overrated and shoved down everyone’s throat all the time. And there’s nowhere to get away from them. Dog-free places are few and rapidly disappearing. :(

      •  MrMAD says:
        “Dog-free places are few and rapidly disappearing. :(“
        Nope. At least not in the way everybody want more dog-infested places. If you say that there are more places where dogs are allowed – and those places not boycotted or something – then, yes, I agree.
        However, more and more people are looking for residential places with NO dogs at all. I can say that because this subject is one of the most searched for on this site, like these recently:
        no dog communities
        no pets allowed community
        pet free community
        dog free community
        no dogs allowed communities
        dog free communities
        pet free retirement community
        dog-free communities
        “anti-dog” neighborhoods
        gated no dog communities
        General dog-free places are few, sure, and may be rapidly disappearing, ok, but fully non-dog places seem to be a new trend instead. Let’s hope so.
        And those people above, non-doggers, probably are looking for this kind of places also for not having to even think about answering the question “Why Do You Hate Dogs?”.

        •  Cam says:
          Dog free are hard to find. Places want to be marketable and welcome pets. But I have been in rentals that no pets were allowed because of the damage they do to the property.
          And maybe the landlord has to pay higher property insurance.

          • S says:
            Landlords make a TON of money allowing dogs in apartments. First, they can charge a non-refundable deposit, which they will SOMETIMES not have to use. Many repairs are routine anyway, such as replacing the carpet — they’ll do that even if there was no dog present. Second, they can add a “pet fee” to the monthly rent. Maybe $35 extra per month, per pet. Multiply by a few hundred apartments — okay, not EVERY resident has a dog! — it can really add up. It can easily be tens of thousands of dollars per year, depending on the size of the apartment complex.
            Plus, sadly, some residents will have dogs even if dogs are not allowed. They claim “service dog” or “therapy dog” and even if it’s a lie, the landlords are afraid of lawsuits and would rather take the easy out of rolling over.
            I wish, I WISH dog-free apartment complexes still exist. They’re rare nowadays. When I was a child they were the only kind you could find.
  6.  MrMAD says:
    From a commenter on the No Dogs Please FB page:
      By William G.
      “I don’t hate dogs, just irresponsible dog owners.”
    Fantastic answer! Simple, quick, and to-the-point.
    Just answer, and leave them with that “question-mark” face. No harm to us.
    Problem is that does not solve the matter of street dogs.

  7.  MrMAD says:
    What I’m trying to avoid – whenever possible – is their utter nonsense:


    •  BK says:
      This picture perfectly sums up the mentality of crazy dog people. They seem to completely lose touch with reality once they get a dog in their lives.

  8.  S says:
    I explain that I was attacked, unprovoked, and badly injured.
    Only a heartless asshole would not understand.
    Unfortunately, however, there are a great many heartless assholes among the dog-loving community.

    •  MrMAD says:
      “Ah, but if that really happened, it would be just an exception, an unfortunate event. And more, that was not MY dog! Do you wanna pet her now?!”
      Dog-loving heartless assholes for sure.

  9.  Animal Uncontrol says:
    OK. Here is the ultimate answer, bar NONE:
    “Hate dog? Nah. Here is how I like my Dog – Medium rare with a baked potato on the side….what is there not to like?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

All messages go through Moderation.
Dog lovers are NOT welcome. Thanks.

The “dog” Word in Different Languages – Dog God Not!

Dogs, Worldwide Known as The Diabolical Beasts The “dog” word obviously has different meanings in different languages. Sure, the d...

Popular Posts